How to cook beets in the microwave in just 10 minutes!
If you're like me, then you love beets, but you don't always like to spend more than 30 minutes cooking them in a conventional pot.
So today I'm going to show you how to cook beets in the microwave in just 10 minutes! Do not believe? Come over and check it out.
How to cook beets in the microwave
I'm not going to lie to you, I love eating beets in every imaginable way. I love to eat a salad with beetroot, eat it cooked or even in a delicious beetroot cake, it's all good.
But the big problem with beet cooking is that it takes a long time to get well cooked, when I use a conventional pan it takes at least 30 minutes, but sometimes it can take up to 45-50 minutes.
This is the big problem with cooking beets, at least for me, who have a busy life and don't have that much time available just to cook an ingredient in a salad or a recipe I intend to make for a family lunch.
So I thought…. “There has to be a way to solve this problem!” , and that's how I went to investigate all things how to cook beets in much less time, and after many days of reading articles, watching videos and testing test testing….
I found the solution to my problem!
The solution is very simple, but for many you may find it a little risky, but believe me I tested a lot and in all tests there was never any risk of spoiling something eheheh.
The solution goes through cooking beets in the microwave, but the best part is that in just 10 minutes the beet is soft, as if it had been cooked in a pressure cooker.
Ingredients and necessary equipment
For this recipe we will need the following ingredients and equipment:
- beets -
- ceramic plate
- Plastic container to cover the dish in the microwave
After confirming that we have everything available, we can roll up our sleeves and start our recipe.
Cooking beetroot in the microwave
- Step 1: Wash the beets very well under running water.
- Step 2: Place the beets on the ceramic plate.
- Step 3: With a fork pierce the whole beet to absorb the steam.
- Step 4: Wet the beets with water, generous amount.
- Step 5: Cover the plate with the plastic container and microwave for 5 minutes at 800 W.
- Step 6: After 5 minutes, remove the dish from the microwave, remove the lid and wet the beets again.
- Step 7: Microwave for another 5 minutes at 800 W.
- Step 8: Remove from the microwave and place the beets on another plate and let cool.
- Step 9: Once cooled, you can peel the beets and slice as desired.
If you like to cook eggs but want to make it easier, faster and healthier, then check it out. how to cook eggs in the microwave.
As you can see, it is very easy to make this recipe, but if you still find it difficult, then check out the recipe video below, as in the video all the steps are shown in detail.
Cooking beets in the microwave in just 10 minutes!
- 2 beets -
- 1 Water jug
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Wash the beets very well under running water.
- Place the beets on the ceramic plate.
- With a fork pierce the whole beet to absorb the steam.
- Wet the beets with water, generous amount.
- Cover the plate with the plastic container and microwave for 5 minutes at 800 W.
- After 5 minutes, remove the dish from the microwave, remove the lid and wet the beets again.
- Microwave for another 5 minutes at 800 W.
- Remove from the microwave and place the beets on another plate and let cool.
- Once cooled, you can peel the beets and slice as desired.
Note: This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although Cozinhadave.com tries to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
You now have a few more reasons to learn how microwave beets in just 10 minutes! It is ideal for making a delicious salad or even serving as an accompaniment to meat or fish.
If you liked this recipe, don't forget to share with your friends, family, in short, with all those who will love to make this delicious recipe!
And if you make a change to the original recipe, leave it in the comments, so we can all benefit from your experience.