Chocolate sponge cake is ideal for simple eating or for making chocolate cakes with different fillings and toppings.
I'm sure you're curious to make one of these cookies!
Chocolate Sponge Bread
Hello dear friends!
Today I'm going to teach you how to make a simple and quick chocolate sponge cake. This sponge cake can be eaten simply or used to make sweetened cakes that are tastier and more complex to make.
I hope this recipe is useful for you.
Preparation of Chocolate Sponge Bread
In first place, turn the oven to 180 degrees.
Second, now beat the eggs on low speed for 1 minute.
Third, increase speed and beat for 5 minutes.
Fourth, with the mixer running, gradually add the sugar and beat for 8 to 10 minutes. When the dough is fluffy, turn off the mixer.
Fifth, gradually add the wheat flour and chocolate powder, mixing well.
Sixth, mix the wheat flour with the chocolate until a homogeneous mass.
Seventh, place a disc of parchment paper on the bottom of the form without greasing the sides of the form.
Eighth, bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC for 40 minutes.
Ninth, to know if the sponge cake is baked, do the toothpick test. If it comes out clean, the cake is already baked.
Tenth, finally let it cool inside the oven so the sponge cake doesn't drop in height. Once cool, remove, unmold and place on a plate.
If you are like me and prefer to see this video recipe, then check out our step-by-step recipe video below, so you don't miss any details.
And finally, if you want print the recipe, to go in the kitchen and make this chocolate sponge cake, then check out the entire recipe below, where you can print it out with the exact format!
chocolate sponge cake
- 6 whole eggs
- 120 g sifted wheat flour without yeast
- 180 g sifted white sugar
- 68 g sifted chocolate powder
- 1 20 cm diameter x 10 cm high mold
- 1 parchment paper disc for pan background
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat the oven to 180º C
- Beat the whole eggs in the mixer on low speed for 1 min.
- Then increase the speed and beat for more 5 min.
- With the mixer still on, add the sugar by spoonfuls, and let it beat for a little longer. 8 to 10 min.
- When it's fluffy, turn off the mixer.
- Gradually add the sifted flour and chocolate powder, and mix.
- Mix well with the help of a fuêt to involve all the wheat flour and chocolate until a very homogeneous mass.
- Place the dough in the pan with parchment paper on the bottom, it will not be necessary to grease the sides of the pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180º C for 40 minutes. and do the toothpick test to see if the sponge cake is fully baked.
- When you do the toothpick test and it comes out clean, the sponge cake is done.
- Let it cool completely inside the oven so it doesn't go down.
Note: This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although Cozinhadave.com tries to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
If you try this recipe, leave a comment below, letting me know how you like it!
And if you make any changes, I'd love to hear about that too. We can all benefit from your experience!
Verônica Ribeiro, the creative mind behind “Cozinha da Vê”, is passionate about flavors and aromas and transforms her passion for cooking into irresistible recipes. With a unique ability to combine ingredients and a special touch of affection in each dish, she conquers hearts and palates, making cooking a truly delicious experience on her blog.