Dried garlic is an increasingly popular ingredient in many recipes these days. It's a convenient, nutrient-rich product that's easy to store and use.
In this article we are going to explore the various ways to use this type of garlic, as well as its health benefits and nutritional profile.
The origin of garlic and how the dehydrated version came about
Garlic, a vegetable from the family of onions, was first cultivated in Central Asia over 5000 years. It quickly spread its pungent aroma across the continent and began to be used for both culinary and medicinal purposes.
Today, garlic is commonly enjoyed in many dishes around the world and is touted for its many health benefits.
The emergence of garlic in dried form came about as a means of preserving this unique flavor without having to worry about it spoiling.
The dried form of garlic retains all of its nutritional benefits but can be stored for longer periods of time.
Dehydrating also helps bring out its concentrated flavor, making it ideal for seasoning foods like soups, sauces and braised.
Garlic is incredibly healthy and can provide a huge amount of health benefits when consumed. Most notably, it's packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that can help promote overall health.
Some health benefits offered by dehydrated garlic include:
- Improved immunity: Garlic is known to boost the body's natural immunity due to its high levels of compounds containing sulfur. These compounds help fight bacterial and viral infections, as well as reduce inflammation.
- Reduced risk of heart disease: The intake of this vegetable is associated with a reduced risk of heart disease, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension.
- Less chance of developing cancer: Studies have shown that frequent consumption of garlic can reduce the risk of certain types of cancer, including stomach, colon and prostate cancers.
- Increased energy levels: It can boost energy levels due to its high content of allicin and selenium, which act as a natural energy booster.
- Increased metabolism: Helps improve metabolism and digestion, which leads to better absorption of essential vitamins and minerals.
Dehydrated garlic is a nutritious addition to your diet that can provide you with important micronutrients, vitamins and minerals. Below we can check the nutritional table for a portion of 50g
|Nutritional value per 50g serving||%VD(*)|
Various interesting ways to use
This type of garlic can be used to add an extra touch of flavor to dishes. Whether you're making a marinade, a sauce or a soup. For he adds that je ne sais quoi extra that makes the dish stand out.
Below I list some of the most interesting ways to use garlic:
dry garlic seasoning
Create your own dry seasoning from garlic and other spices. It is perfect for flavoring steaks, pork chops, chicken and fish dishes. You can also make a wet rub for slow-cooking meats or for roasting vegetables.
Mix one part of salt with four parts of dried garlic to make the perfect seasoning for your dishes. It is excellent for seasoning salads, pasta dishes and other recipes that require an extra layer of flavor.
Add to soups and sauces
A few tablespoons of garlic will give soups and sauces an intense aroma and flavor, impossible to obtain with fresh garlic alone. Just don't add too much, as the flavor can become overwhelming!
How to store in your kitchen
Storing dried garlic is easy, but it must be done correctly to ensure maximum freshness and flavor. It can last up to three years when stored properly.
In order to increase its useful life, it can be stored as follows:
- Store in an airtight container, such as a mason jar or reusable plastic bag, away from direct light and moisture.
- Keep it in a cool and dry place., such as a pantry or cupboard for best results.
- Make sure you don't store the garlic with any fruits or vegetables., as this can cause the garlic to spoil more quickly due to the ethylene gas produced by certain fruits and vegetables.
Recipes with garlic
There are thousands of recipes that use garlic, but I decided to share with you some of the most globally known ones.
Looking for a new and interesting way to enjoy meat? Then you need to try this amazing meat sphira recipe! Sfiha is a traditional Arabian dish made from ground meat or lamb mixed with spices and cooked in...
Carrot Pancake Who doesn't like a delicious pancake? I love it! And I know that many of you do too, because I have received many requests to make a delicious pancake. Today that day has come and I'm going to show you how...
Recipe for manioc soup with chicken
The recipe for cornmeal soup with chicken is a great option for dinner on not too hot days. In a few minutes, you will have a complete and light meal that, inclusive, will positively influence your health.
oriental chard salad
Do you like to try new things? This oriental chard salad is a great way to mix up your usual routine and enjoy something new. Chard is a green leafy vegetable that has a slightly bitter taste,...